Ways of Coming to Know God
Man's Capacity for God
In this lesson, we begin our look at what the Church teaches about man’s natural knowledge of God. In particular, we consider whether it’s possible for human beings to come to a knowledge of God without any assistance from God’s supernatural revelation.
You’ll learn about the following and more:
- Man is capable of coming to a natural knowledge of God
- Man has a spiritual soul, originating in God
- Human beings uniquely have a capacity for God (capax Dei)
- Proofs for God’s existence are different than proofs in the natural sciences
- On the Five Ways of Proving the Existence of God of Saint Thomas Aquinas
- The Five Ways by the Thomistic Institute (video)
Downloads for this Lesson:
Leave a Comment:
What proof(s) for God do you see in creation?